1. At least 50 million acres of rainforest are lost every year, totalling an area the size of England, Wales and Scotland.
2. Pollution is one of the biggest killers, affecting more than 1 million world-wide.
3. More than 1 billion people worldwide don't have access to safe drinking water and 5000 people die every day as a result of drinking unclean water.
4. Right now, there are more than 400 million cars and trucks on the world's roads.
5. 96% of fruit and 50% of veg is imported (what about locally sourced?).
6. Every year a person will use 10x their weight in household rubbish.
7. A huge £740million of energy is used by electronics like TVs and Stereos just by leaving them on standby.
8. 45,000 tonnes of plastic is dumped in the world's oceans - killing up to one million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals.
9. 6.5 million tonnes of electrical products is water in Europe each year.
10. 300 million sq metres of landfill is used each year - that's the equivalent of 28,450 football pitches.